Hi, I’m Matt and I have the brilliant job of documenting all the coolest moments at weddings as a Kent Wedding Photographer. I live in Whitstable in Kent with my Wife Jess and our super-fluffy ball of ginger awesomeness, Fergus the cat. I reckon I have the best job in the world! Not that I ever set out to shoot weddings…or even be a photographer. I was convinced that I was going to emulate ‘Maverick’ and fly fighter jets for the majority of my childhood (we’ve all been there, right?) before photography snuck it’s way into my consciousness.
Kent Wedding Photographer
Hooked on photography, I wanted to travel the world and shoot wildlife for various Attenborough documentaries, but once I started photographing people, that was it. I am fascinated by people and the way they interact with each other, especially when they’re all in a group and having a blast. So, weddings seemed like the perfect place to “scratch that itch”. After nearly a decade of shooting weddings, I can’t imagine doing anything else! I’m hugely passionate about telling stories with my camera I love the fact that I get to document weddings. I’m so grateful that people choose me to provide the memories of their day and love the friendships that come from that.
Here are some more facts about me:
- I’m originally from Northampton, born to Mancunian parents, and now live on the South coast, so I’ve got a proper mongrel accent.
- I need at least one Greek holiday every year, otherwise I get grumpy! Seriously, Greece is the best place in the world.
- I crashed my car on the morning of my wedding! Not a bad crash and not an ideal start, but it got me a laugh in my speech!
- When I’m not shooting weddings, you’ll find me riding my bike from one good coffee spot to another with mates.
- I met Jess at a wedding. For those that don’t know, my Wife is a kick-ass Make-Up Artist. We met while she was making up the bride I was photographing (thank you Vicky & Chris). I remember thinking that she smelled amazing!
- In the last couple of years, my approach has been heavily influenced by street photography. Quality street photos are so hard to make but so rewarding when you get one. Have a read about my approach to shooting a wedding here.
If you’d like to check my availability for your date, get in touch and let’s get the ball rolling. To check out the latest stories head on over to the blog. For more about Jess and I, keep scrolling…